Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back In the Water!




After all this time, Angelina is back in the water. A lot has changed in the past year or so. My Mom died which really hit me hard. My son has joined the Marines and is training for a deployment to Iraq in October. I have been to Maryland and Puerto Rico for work, now I am in Guam.




I was able last month to spend 5 weeks at home working on and sailing on Angelina. I have to say that Freyja Boatworks in Port Townsend did an outstanding job repairing the decks and mast of Angelina. I was able to rewire Angelina and put some electronic "toys" onboard. But I was also able to sail around the San Juan Islands and do some slamping (Sailing/Camping). Angelina handles like a dream. I found myself in some weather on a couple of occasions and Angelina plowed through the waves and the wind and almost seem liked she enjoyed it.




Now I am back in Guam and looking forward to my next home vacation. The count down has started up again and I am counting the days until I can make a break from shore and head out to sea!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home